Saturday 7 December 2013

Radio Times

While in the shop buying my morning papers my eyes come across a notice asking if you wanted to order the Radio Times Christmas edition or other TV schedule magazines.
The guy in the shop told me he barely sells any most of the year but come Christmas he will sell out. I have not felt the need to buy a copy in donkey years has newspapers these days cover the Christmas TV scheduling extensively.
My mind drifted back to days long gone when really need to buy the Radio Times (BBC) and TV Times (ITV). Both would be ordered from the local shop and there would be heightened sense of excitement in our house as time closed in on their release. Soon as I got my hands on them I would write a list of the films and then badger Mum into watching what I wanted to watch, however it didn’t always work.
Pity before this two-week special edition hits the shops I know what films are on, shows and the soaps storylines has they have been widely reported in the press. I put my name for a copy for old times’ sake but at a cost … £3.20, a reported hefty 14 per cent on last year’s issue. On a lighter note if I was to put it away for a few years I could at least double my money selling it on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment