Thursday 5 December 2013

'Tis the season to be sober - Fa la la la la la la la la

Library picture at party drinking
I am not a big drinker, unlike my earlier years when I could be official called a piss artist. I am such a lightweight drinker these days I have five cans in the fridge from last Christmas! How sad is that. The old Peter would have knock them back by Boxing Day as I hang my head in shame.
I asked my youngest last Christmas to buy me four or six bottles, he buy a slab of cans!!! Why I asked myself as he lifted most to take to a party. There was never much alcohol in our house at Christmas growing up Dad liked his drinking in the pub/club not at home and Mum hardly drunk at all.
There was never much of a drinking culture around my friends in my teens either unlike today. If I was at a party or in a pub don’t get my wrong I would very much partake of a drink or two but I have never liked drinking at home. I was a late comer to Christmas drinking my main drinking day was Boxing Day helped in no uncertainty term by my love of football. Home are away to pub would be the first port of call while away the coach/van or car would give one a head start.
I have never been a tea or coffee drinker, I have had one cup of tea in three years and that was recently to celebrate my release from hospital. And since I kicked sugary and ‘no added sugar’ drinks into touch I have little enjoyment in drinking. I am contemplating my first booze free Christmas but I just seem all wrong and it’s not that I fancy alcohol-free booze.
Am I going to crack open a can or bottle this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment