Thursday 18 January 2018

My top 5 sexy videos

I was a bit bored this morning not much happening on TV so I put the radio on and bang on comes Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’. It got me thinking about the video and sparked an idea to write up Peter Ugarte’s top five sexiest videos.

It took some time to come up with the other four has Blurred Lines was in the top five. Three were there almost straightaway the other was a bit of a search. I knew it was by George Michael but the name of the track escaped me with all I could remember was a lovely shiny bum. A YouTube search was called for but not overly successful but a sudden memory helped. I remembered at bum was on a catwalk so I searched ‘George Michael, catwalk, models’ and it was then an easy find.

Robin Thicke, Blurred Lines.


To say feminist and others were outraged on the release of the video would be an understatement it screamed sexist. I heard the tune before the video it was incredibly catchy and I ended up with it in my head for days. I did finally catch the original video, featuring three models parading around with nothing on but nude coloured panties. A tame version (no nudes) was released which did little to deflect the haters
.
As with everything, I watch or read the only question is was I entertained? I suppose but I didn’t care that much the models seem to be happy, a controversial statement. It was a job of work and no different in walking the catwalk maybe not nude but I have seen breast out in the name of fashion before.

Featuring models Emily Ratajkowski, Jessi M'Bengue, and Elle Evans

Duran Duran Girl Panic.

The Brit band are famed for their videos full of hot chicks and this one is just the same but a favourite of mine. At nine and a half minute, it full of sparkles, lipstick, leather, and legs has the ladies strut their stuff.

It’s the return of the 'Super models' draughted in to play the members of Duran Duran in the video. They are interviewed by the band themselves about just how amazing and talented they all are and I think I prefer this line-up to the original.

Naomi Campbell (as lead singer Simon Le Bon), Helena Christensen (Roger Taylor), Eva Herzigova (Nick Rhodes), Cindy Crawford (John Taylor) and Yasmin Le Bon who is keen to point out "I am NOT a member of Duran Duran".

Robert Palmer, Addicted to Love 

Very old school and fairly tame compared to recent years but in the 1980s a MTV sensation. The video came in for a fair share of criticism with the charge it confused ‘sexy’ with ‘sexist’. I personally didn’t care the ladies in the backing group couldn’t play their instruments.

They were smoking hot in those sheer black dresses, heels and red lips

The five models in the video are Julie Pankhurst (keyboard), Patty Kelly (guitar), Mak Gilchrist (bass guitar) and Julia Bolino (guitar) and Kathy Davies (drums).

Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, Mya, Pink, Lady Marmalade



The video features all four performers in lingerie, which makes for a catchy video with an appearance from Missy Elliot. It was a sure-fire hit with their naughty video and was No1 in most countries around the world

George Michael, Too Funky

This was the one stuck in my mind but I final won the battle to remember it. Michael’s only features fleetingly in the video with the rest featuring fictitious runway show loaded you supermodels walking on the catwalk.

The models featured in this video were Eva Herzigova, Linda Evangelista, Nadja Auermann, Emma Sjöberg, Estelle Hallyday, Shana Zadrick, Tyra Banks, Beverly Peele, and Emma Balfour. Actresses Julie Newmar and Rossy de Palma, and the performance artists Joey Arias and Lypsinka are also featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment