Tuesday 2 January 2018

New for me ... A new Savings Christmas Plan

SO it’s a new year, already my mind is on next Christmas, and how are we going to pay for it and lucky I am OCD when it comes to Christmas. I have already started saving at Tesco’s with the collection of a point for every pound spent in the shop and this Christmas passed we cashed in the points for nearly £70, free shopping I call it.

So we had a pleasant Christmas off the back of our savings in fact the wife told me she had been saving her change in Iceland and I was not expecting much and was shocked when she told me it was 60 quid but with the cupboards full and the freezer packed there was no need to spend it. We will continue saving and we may use it at Easter or then again Christmas.

On social media, I see many bemoan the fact of the cost of Christmas but everyone can save something to help the festive season run smoothly.

I have also started collecting Tesco saving stamps with a total set buying a stamp a day and I will start saving with the butcher in a week or so. However, I may or may not transfer the savings that we save at the butchers to the 50-week challenge something to discuss with the wife. I have seen many of these challenges in the press and on social media. The one l have devised is suited to our finances but it is not written in stone it is a guide.

If you were to have a plan starting at 25p, 50p, 75p, £1, £1.25 £1.50 and £1.75 a weekly total £7.00 with an end of 50 weeks total £350 affordable to most maybe. Every Christmas I bang on about saving for the next because it takes some of the pressure off the time of the year we have had a few skint Christmases with young children and I made a promise never again.

If you live Cardiff and fall into their criteria, I would recommend joining the Cardiff Credit Union their general saving club or Christmas savers. My wife is a member the Credit Union and I am stupid not to join myself. Do you have a comment... Why not leave one below

No comments:

Post a Comment