Tuesday 30 January 2018

Made in Cardif TV anywhere but Cardiff


I decided this morning to see what Cardiff TV was offering as it has been awhile since I watched it and after hearing what has happened to the Swansea local TV station I was interested. I have to say back then it was better than what I viewed today it was unrecognisable and to call it Made in Cardiff TV is a joke.

Turned it on just after 7am to see if there was any kind of breakfast show but no just a half hour of Cardiff news which was ok but the news seem dated like it may have been yesterday’s. After that, it was a case of a trip around England with TV News from Leeds, Liverpool, and Tyne & Wear something every Cardiffian would want to view.

The news is follow by that well-known Cardiff judge … Judge Judy and then off to the wonderful Cardiff beach of Bondi for the show Bondi Rescue jokes apart this is not local content. Why are they on a small Local TV station, Judge Judy is made in America and Bondi Rescue in Australia about has far as you can get from Cardiff. The reason is that they are money saving schedule fillers that’s why. I have no idea what Behind Closed Doors is about but chances are nothing to do with Cardiff nor Walks around Britain.

It doesn’t stop there in the afternoon and the rest of the day.

Midday Dudley’s Comforts Foods and I have no idea who Dudley is but he is supposed to be a famous TV chef and after him, Loving Welsh Food is next and we could be getting close to Cardiff. At 1pm it is more Judge Judy and Bondi Rescue and at 4pm Unsolved Mysteries after which we have the news.
5pm Cardiff News
5:30 Bristol News
6pm Birmingham News
6:30pm On the Aire (Leeds News)
7pm Liverpool News
7:30pm Tyne & Wear News
How local is all this rubbish when Made in Cardiff first aired I was excited about local content but it’s got less and less. The rest of the evening is much of the same there is a show called Word to the Mothers where three mums chat to guests but no indication of the mums being from Cardiff.

At 9pm, there is USA cop drama set in Los Angeles, City of Fear in the schedule followed by Scandal made me Famous and Medical Detectives I make it just an hour of Cardiff content on a TV station meant to serve the Welsh capital. There are a number of colleges in and around Cardiff with media and journalism, courses that could be utilise for students to make some local content because without it the station will die. I can’t believe they have much of an audience.

Maybe be it is a off day but I doubt it and I doubt the weekend could be better with more Cardiff content I will check that out at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment