Sunday 5 June 2016

EU Referendum - Which way to vote - My vote my choice

I have told everyone who knows me if asked which way I would vote if there was a referendum on Europe and my feelings have never changed over the years… I want OUT.

Pretty simple then for me to tick the right box on my postal vote! Well it turns out not to be that easy as I thought. With my voting form open in front of me and just has I was going to make my mark I paused? I started to way things up at this late stage and I could not believe it.

The last and only other time this happened to me was at the 1983 general election when I went into the voting booth with the intention of voting SDP but my loyalty to the Labour party proved too strong. To me this is not about the party line this is my decision like the vote for the Welsh Assembly most of the party went one-way, I the other.

The divide between the Yes and No camps is major and the doom and gloom from each side is tiresome, boring and over the top. Talk of war, pestilence, and death come out from the remain camp will the other side are offering roses, happiness and prosperity. Any way this seems to be all about the Tories, their internal battles, and the other big voice UKIP while the rest sit quietly back.

Have I changed my mind? Well the following day I put my cross in one of the two boxes and will be in the post-box tomorrow. On the way to be counted but did I change my mind! For that you will have to wait and see.
The big question is if we leave, will we still be able to get Danish Bacon is the big question needing answering.

No comments:

Post a Comment