Saturday 4 June 2016

My TV - Must see TV, Week Beginning 04/06/2016

Another week ahead of TV viewing and compared to last week’s offering there are few new shows/series but still here is my must watch list for the upcoming week.

Going back to last week for a minute the highlight was A Midsummer Night's Dream, which I loved.
Top Gear BBC2 8pm Sunday

Given a rough ride last week by one and all but I will be sticking with it. It may not have been as slick has the Jeremy Clarkson era but it was a new show and a new presenting team. Chris Evans took most of the criticism everything from being too loud and not being Clarkson. I liked some of the tweaks to the show and I am looking forward to the next instalment.

American Pickers History Channel 10pm Monday

An old favourite, I just love it to bits riding the van with Mike and Frank has they search around for rusty gold while at the main shop we have the totty Danielle. It taps into our primal need to hunt, hoard, share, trade, wander, and tell stories.

Together Mike and Frank wander the back roads of America in a white panel van in search of what most people see as “dumps”: broken down houses and garages normal people would speed past without a second glance. Small and big items they will forage through their stuff looking for the unusual.
Big Brother: Live Launch C4 9pm Tuesday

This shit is back and yes, I am drawn to it has I love to see the idiots who sign up for this Z list fest. God rest her my Mum loved the show and with her always asking did I see this or that so I had to start watching. I watch launch night in memory of my mum. On a few occasions, I have been caught up in the shenanigans.

The housemates are desperate to win and collect their five minutes of fame badges. If you can win, be a baddy and declare your undying love for a fellow housemate or get yourself bullied that could be worth three minutes of fame.

Power Monkeys C4 10pm Wednesday

I love a bit of comedy satire and I am looking forward to this new series. It is from the same people who brought us ‘Ballot Monkeys’ last year a political comedy set on the campaign buses of the main parties as they battle their way through the chaos of the election campaign.
This time the action focuses on fictional spin-doctors behind the In and Out camp of the EU referendum. Should be some light relief from the constant political argy bargy being thrust upon us and hopefully it will be like Ballot Monkeys filmed on the day of broadcast to make it as up to date as possible.

Peaky Blinders BBC2 9PM Thursday

Last in the series for this excellent production but it has been commissioned for series four and five thank god. Tommy his family and friends have produced some top notch acting and a story line all conversing on this episode.

With their plans to robbery of the White Russians finances and a few curl balls thrown in should lead to an explosive, tension-filled finale.
The Last Leg C4 10pm Friday

Thank god, the awful and unfunny ‘The Windsors’ is over and replaced by the return of the Last Leg. Adam, Josh, and Alex will be reviewing the significant news stories of the last seven days with their typical comic slant.

After the former Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg was ripped apart on the show before I was surprised any politician with have the bottle to go on the show. The guest/talent for the opening show is only the Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment