Saturday 11 June 2016

Wales kick-off tonight - Good luck lads - New era

So it begins Wales march to the Euro 2016 final and an open top bus touring Cardiff. Jumping ahead a bit but that is my wish if wishes come true. Wales kick off the campaign later in Bordeaux against Slovakia and Wales will be participating in their first major finals since 1958 World Cup.

My football passion comes from the day-to-day grind of league football with me never being the biggest fan of international football but I understand the importance of the next few weeks. If you listen to the media Wales are Gareth Bale but it was great to hear him tell the world Wales are a team. Along with Bale, another something always brought up and equally does my head in 50 whatever years since Wales were in a major finals I think every football fan in the world knows now.

I am really happy for those truly hard-core fans who have been travelling for years in the lean times supporting Wales when support below three figures was commonplace. Seven games to reach the final I just wonder how many fans have book the full tournament off work.

Ideal outcome later today a win for Wales and in the other game England v Russia a draw or with the Russians, a couple of failed drug test.

No comments:

Post a Comment