Thursday 23 June 2016

Surprise, Surprise I Voted IN - Shocked Me - Oh Well

To the polling booth for this divided country with everyone saying the outcome is too hard to call. The thing is being a postal voter my decision was made over two weeks ago so the madness of the last few weeks mean little to me so I have been standing at the side of the road watching.

Would I have changed my postal vote… yes I think I would have. I wrote a few weeks back I was always in the out camp and was surprise that it was not as easy as that when it came to making my vote.
With my voting form open in front of me and just has I was going to make my mark I paused? I started to way things up at this late stage and I could not believe it…. Earlier blog post.
Yes, all of a sudden I was questioning myself and took myself away for a few hours in serious thought. The ‘OUT’ people are all dodgy figures and immigration with the ‘IN’ votes just the same with their rhetoric but it was my vote. I decided to vote ‘IN’ and I could not believe it has I sealed the envelope.

Why? Because I believe, the rest of the European Union will have to sit up and listen especially if the vote is as close as everyone believes. The British Government should make the stand on immigration bringing back full border controls and keep records on all entrants in and out of the country. Maybe the ID cards that were discussed a few years back with more thought on the subject.

If the vote is to leave, it could be a bit of a mystery tour. Scotland are expected to vote to stay in and a leave vote could lead to calls and demands for another independence referendum. The European Union are talking of playing hardball with a messy divorce.

Oh well I am not expecting either the winners or losers to stay quiet when the result is announced I also expect both to declare themselves winners whatever the result if the vote is close.

No comments:

Post a Comment