Monday 31 October 2016

My door is not for opening -

I really do hate f***ing hate Halloween and tonight the drawbridge will be up and my door shut to trick or treaters. Has a kid I didn’t mind throwing the odd egg and flour at my mates and that was about it I have always been a Bonfire Night person.

It is so Americanised now, kids looking for handouts but they won’t do a bit of penny for the guy these days. They are both begging in my book but I prefer to give to someone who goes old school going penny for the guy. Knocking my door threating something nasty if you don’t hand over something with a parent hanging around in the background is not for me.

The last time I was trick or treated was while I was in the shop around the corner in the queue some little girl caught me but that won’t happen again. I will make sure I do the shopping early. The weather here sounds Halloween friendly, which is annoying. I will be out later laying a minefield and throwing in some barbwire has a backup. I would like a moat with crocodile’s.

We will be running silent and in the dark tonight, hoping it will be enough to keep them off our door. We have been lucky over the last few years with no trick or treat activity outside our front door, result.

No comments:

Post a Comment