Thursday 1 October 2015

Blackout

I just hate it when we have a problem with our virgin package it reminds me I have too much in one basket. That happen this morning has the wife was off out to the hospital for an appointment and we received a total blackout.

I was left with no TV, internet, or some phone options so I hit the phone to find out what was happening for an automated message telling me they were upgrading my virgin experience. Why they couldn’t do this while I was in bed is beyond me and them I suppose. The helpful robot lady on the end of the phone happily told me I could expect my service back around 3:05pm and it this moment that is about six hours away.

I don’t even have Freeview on this TV or even a Freeview box that will need a new digital aerial on the roof or at least a good indoor one. However, with no internet how will I search for information. I don’t even own any CDs music or film because I am so reliant on my laptop and the internet. I have all the music I ever want to listen to on YouTube, I pay for Sky Movies, and most days I can find something to watch.

With the wife out, I don’t have anyone to talk to and the washing on the line is still damp so I can’t bring that in. I could read a book or get on with a few Christmas writing projects for the blog. I was looking forward to watching Final Destination 2 and 3 back to back this morning on the Sky Movies Sci-if channel.

I don’t do mobiles so I can’t get my fix via that avenue and have not owned a radio in donkey years so I am sitting in silent, writing this of course but that’s not going to fill up six hours if it turns out that long. I suppose you will know when my nightmare is over because this piece will be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment