Tuesday 20 October 2015

Trailers are spoilers

I was only telling the wife the other day how I was interested in nipping to the cinema to see the new Bond film SPECTRE, which is not normal for me I have Sky Movies and I could easily wait until it premiered on the channel.

However, with all of the clips, trailers I feel like I have seen the film and we are yet to have the red carpet event or even have a cinema release. I think everyone knows what you can expect from a Bond movie, plenty of action so why bother giving you a taste in trailers etc.

A recent survey suggested that 94% filmgoers no longer cared if they know the plot before watching. I must be one of the 6% then. It may be impossible not to know the plot these days but the filmmakers could limit a film to one trailer and dropping action sequences. Some film need little to promote them and a Bond film is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment