Sunday 25 October 2015

Rita Ora

I read with dismay this story widely featured about Rita Ora in the press and online taken from extracts of a biography ‘Hot Right Now’, written by authors Douglas Wight and Jenn Wiley.

The story, which seems to stem from a TV interview given in 2013 on Lifetime TV about women's issues claims the singer was groomed for sex by a 26-year-old man when she was 14 and has been picked up in the book.

The X Factor judge said the sexual abuse ‘giving it’s proper name’ took place when she was a drama student at London's Sylvia Young Theatre School although the singer is reported to claim she was not a victim of child sex abuse

Talking about what happened, the singer said 'I was 14 when I had my first relationship with a guy. I would say he was about 26,’ also going on to say, ‘I don't want to say that I suffered it, because I wanted it. I don't want to say that I was forced to do it’.

I don't want people to think I was abused as a kid.'

The singer may think she was not abused but there was an abuser in this story the 26-year-old unidentified man who knowingly had sex with a schoolgirl and in the story, it is unclear if this man/abuser was anyway part of the Sylvia Young Theatre School. That would be worrying.

She apparently claimed that the attention she received made her feel sexy and as though she could 'take over the world'. Many young teenage girls who have crushes on older men or who feel that sex will make them all grown up are still under the age of consent which is there for a reason. The police should be having a word or two with Miss Ora to find out the identity of this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment