Tuesday 27 October 2015

Clarks original pasty

A case of R.I.P?
Dad turned up this morning with a Clarks Pie, what a daddy. While we sat, having a chat my pie was just sitting there peacefully waiting to go into the oven while I was salivating in anticipation of devouring it.

Still not a fan of the pie tray but I suppose that is progress for you but it was soon discarded as the pie entered the oven. Has much as I appreciate a pie my heart longs for the Clarks original pasty (see picture). Every time Dad gets a pie from the Grangetown shop, I ask him to get me a pasty and he always turns up telling me they didn’t have any. He told me so time ago they had stopped making them but I live in hope that someone has seen.

For those in the Canton area of Cardiff there was Franklins bakery whom no word of a lie made the best pasties in the world and tasted that good they should have been call ‘diet busters’ they were ruddy fantastic. Many years ago, I turn the corner to find the shop shut, gone, busted no pasties ever again. I hoped it was maybe for a refit but I was clutching at straws.

Although the Clarks pie shop is still open they seemed to have drop the classic pasty for a cheese and onion replacement could this be another Franklins. Maybe the shop is not shutting but it looks like I have lost another highly rated pasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment