Saturday 31 October 2015

Halloween not for me

I’m not quite sure why but I’ve never really enjoyed Halloween, and I still don’t. Even has a kid I didn’t like dodging flour or the odd egg but you had to be out with your mates or you become a legitimate target for a door knock. I do remember once opening the door and getting a face full of flour. I don’t remember being given any option. Back then, trick or treat never happened, well I can’t remember ever doing it.

It seems like such a sham these days with strange kids disguised and unruly teenagers turning up at your door and demanding goods with a touch of menace. On Halloween at my house it’s lights out, door lock fingers crossed we are over looked, passed over.

I did it once the whole Halloween thing instead of my normal take the kids out for the night. That year I soon became the patsy as word got around sweets were available. At the end of the night, I had two teenage girls knocking on my door “trick or treat mister can we have some sweeties”.

Come to think of it! I dislike any form of organised fun unless it’s sitting in the pub for a drink and a chat. I suppose that brings something of my personality to the fore, I don’t like to perform and never have unless I’m drunk and that will never happen ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment