Saturday 30 September 2017

Does anyone buy a Calendar - I might buy Cycling 2018

It’s that time of the year novelty calendars with enough minor celebrities knocking them out I wonder why. I was reminded over the last few day with a flurry of ‘Dolly Birds’ photograph barely clothed selling their where’s and I not talking about the calendars

Honestly I have no idea why or who buys one these days I can’t remember the last time we bought a calendar it must be back in the early eighties and even our local Chinese takeaway have stopped giving a free one away. I haven’t seen one hanging on a wall for years ours as a kid was on the back of the door and no racy content landscapes were popular.

The calendar silly season has begun, with 2018 editions going on sale in time for Christmas. Someone must buying them however, in the digital age are they needed. Many feature pop stars, football teams, celebrities, and then reality stars. I use the word ‘stars’ lightly. Others feature household pets in a variety of heart-tugging poses. Anyone can go online and use the internet to build their own calendar free or for a fee and you can even sell them and a popular option is CafePress.

Since the ladies of Rylstone Women's Institute posed naked to raise money for leukaemia research - a venture immortalised in the 2003 film Calendar Girls - the charity sector has witnessed an explosion of similar nude collaborations. Sport clubs seem to dominate to market if you can get twelve female jam markers together a calendar is a possibility. If I were to invest in a calendar, it would have to be a novelty one. I once bought a book call “Dugout”, a book about football dugouts in the lower football leagues that shows my novelty credentials.

There are some strange and wonderful calendars out there like ‘Nuns Having Fun’ and ‘Grumpy Cat’ just about anything will sale on a calendar I am seriously considering putting one out for 2019 called ‘Down the Bog Pan’ I think it could be a seller.

The reason for this blog is a favourite theme of mine a girly nudity calendar there is no need to break a habit of a lifetime. Today it’s the ladies of Hitchin Ladies Rugby Club. Yes, I know I hate rugby as a sport but its fit players who are female in rugby poses. The all-women squad have stripped off for charity to raise money for the club after their funding was slashed and to promote female players in the sport.

The majority these days seem to be of the glamor-modelling types with the likes of the beautiful Rhian Sugden and Kelly Brooke always are some of the big winners in the sales market along with boybands but the daddy for many years now has been the granddad of pop Cliff Richards.




No comments:

Post a Comment