Tuesday 14 November 2017

Another Novelty Advent Calendar …. From Greggs!!!


Christmas never fails to surprise me when it comes to companies searching for the last few pounds in your pocket but even I was taken aback spotting this advertised. Greggs the Bakers have jumped on the advent calendar free for all with the launch of their first ever Greggsmas advent calendar.

The calendars cost £24 but are actually worth up to £60, with vouchers being redeemable from 2 December up to and including 24 December. Each door reveals a festive scene with a uniquely Greggs twist one includes a nativity scene where the shepherds pay homage to a sausage roll in a manger. Tasteless I must say and I can see a Christian call to boycott/protest when they hear of this sacrilege.

You open the little door, which reveals a tear-off token that can be taken into any Greggs’ shops. Then it can be exchanged for a different treat every day from its Christmas and wider menu. Which is including the Festive Bake, flavoured lattes, sweet mince pie, and a sausage roll (of course). I wonder if you could save up your vouchers and present them all on Christmas Eve.

Gift cards are valid for an entire year.

Not being a fan of Greggs and any but one of their products this advent calendar will not be featuring to my build up to Christmas. I rather shop as locally as possible these big chain outlets, with their mass produced products leave me cold.

A limited number of the calendars will go on sale in selected Greggs’ shops across the UK from next Monday 20th November you wouldn’t want to miss out. Well I do has I don’t feel the season of goodwill to Greggs and at £24 I could buy something better. At my local Tesco yesterday they were throwing Cadburys, advent calendars out the door for a £1 bargain, wicked.

Off the vast menu, I can just about tolerate their sausage roll but it would never be worth £24 because the rest of the vouchers would be wasted on me. I could stand outside my local Greggs and flog them off at a discount.

No Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment