Wednesday 29 November 2017

Will George be the Christmas No 1 - Last Christmas

DAYS away from December and there is little or no excitement about who could be this year’s Christmas No.1. I have to say I have not really thought about it in a long while even the newspaper seen to have forgotten that could be down to the lack of interest of the artist thinking it is cheesy.

The reason for my interest was an article in ‘The Morning Star’ newspaper. Not a paper I read regular but an article caught my attention that I found amusing. So what is it! The People’s Assembly are aiming for the Christmas top spot with an anti-austerity song. Sons and Daughters in collaboration with Captain Ska are presenting the track “Tories out for Christmas” which could be a rallying call to the left as a protest.

I have no idea of the runners and riders of those chasing the prestige No.1 but the bookies Ladbrokes have laid odds on artists and groups in contention for this year's Christmas No. 1 spot including Ed Sheeran (3/1), the X-Factor winner (4/1), Mariah Carey (5/1) and James Arthur (12/1). I have no idea what they may be putting out but Mariah Carey it must be her classic ‘All I wanted for Christmas is you’ a favourite of mine. No Slade or Wizard but you can bet they will feature in the top 30 of the charts.

But the money is on the classic 1894 Christmas No.1 George Michaels’s ‘Last Christmas’ the is a bit of a campaign stirring on social media as a fitting tribute to the singer following his death Christmas Day last year. I hope it makes No.1 one I like the old cheesy Christmas hits even, wait for it Cliff Richard! Yes, there I said it.

Campaigns are the new way to hit the top Christmas spot, which have become popular to stop Simon Cowell and the winning X Factor wannabe hogging the lime light. He (Cowell) looks to have given in to the public the date of this year’s release will be earlier. I noticed that on Twitter there is another campaign to make AC/DC No 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment