Wednesday 8 November 2017

Christmas Advent Calendars Getting Crazy

When I was a child come Christmas I would look forward to my advent crown and would religiously opened the little tab to collect my little chocolate before school. An innocent time unlike today.

In the sixties, it was more a children’s exercise with sweets, chocolate while today it’s anything goes with a Lego advent calendar costing over £50 at the expensive end, and some can cost even more. Now adults find refuge in this Christmas tradition. Drink and make-up are popular ones but there are others, which are eye watering expensive. The only advent calendar I look forward to is the ‘Love advent calendar’ look it up on google and you will see why.

The catalyst for this blog article I spied online, which was new to me the Lovehoney’s kinky advent calendar, features 24 days’ worth of sex toys and games. Using google I found out this wasn’t the first time this advent calendar has been produced but who would buy one its so tacky and at a cost of £120.00 I would rather keep my money in my pocket.


By all accounts, the Love honey kinky advent calendar was featured on This Morning, which is no surprise to me. Behind the 24 doors there are a mixture of games and sex toys for him, her and both of you and the company selling this adults delight tell you it’s all yours this incredible value box of sexy tricks is a must-have for those looking for an unforgettable adventure.

But don’t forget your two x AAA batteries and a helping of water-based lube to make the most of these treats.

I have been looking around to see other ridiculous advent calendars out there sitting on a shelf for those who like to treat themselves because who would spend this kind of money on anyone else other than a partner. In the beauty range, the Liberty Advent Calendar priced £170, is popular, and could be sold out already. I remember last Christmas a girl on my social media going weak at the knees upon receiving one from her boyfriend.

It sell out every year and containing over £500 worth of swag in one of the most beautifully designed advent boxes you’ve ever seen there are multi-brand treats inside, including 15 full-size products – which is a big rarity.

On the crazy side of ridiculous you could look no further than Drinks by the Dram Very Old & Rare Whisky Advent Calendar – Macassar Ebony (2017 Edition), £9,999.95


The most extravagant advent drinks calendar I could find goes to Drinks by the Dram. For a cool £10K, yes that’s what it will cost you. The advent can be filled with 24 ‘wee drams’ of very old and rare whisky, from long-closed distilleries, highly sought-after limited editions, and impossible-to-source liquid. There’s even a 60-year-old single malt Scotch and a rare Japanese whisky that costs £19,000 a bottle. The calendar itself is crafted by Kent cabinet-maker Simon Jewell Designs and is available in walnut, or finished in Macassar ebony.

It reminds me its time to put some thought into the wife's advent calendar and nothing along the line of those above.

No comments:

Post a Comment