Wednesday 27 June 2018

I watched Love Island and feel dirty - TV Review


It had to happen eventually that I would find myself watching Love Island and last night I did for the first time. The closest, I had ever been to watching it before was the odd time I flick past the channel with my remote control looking for something better to watch. There is always something better to watch.

God help me I chose to watch a bumper episode and my heart sunk along with my intelligence, which took a holiday for the period of the show. I really have no real idea who they are but the headlines in the press and of course, pictures all over social media and press rather give me some idea about it without reading any of the crap.
Tonight’s big thing was Megan stole Wes from Laura in an explosive episode if you care I didn’t.

Wait the dramatic story sees the aforementioned Megan dumping Eyal and after a little chat between her and Wes, they get the ball rolling where by Laura promptly dumped him. Megan and Wes forever are you joking. 

His response after two weeks of telling Laura he was falling for her to tell her “That’s fine”. I would reckon is chances of winning the show just plummeted. As Laura departed the scene after a few words calling out his less-than-gentlemanly behaviour in front of the whole group - including a smirking Megan - watched on in shock.

She then lashed out at Megan.
"Nice one Meg, cheers for telling me," Laura said, "f**king sl*g."
"Did she just call me a sl*g?" reacted Megan.
"Yeah I did, you stupid b***h," added Laura.

Megan and Wes
I found out two of the shows inmates have done the deed! Sex we are lead to believe how nasty is that and would you believe who the couples were. Yes, Megan and Eyal were the first up for some x rated naughty and the other couple to have had a bit of the other are Wes and Laura. So next in the hideaway must be the newly coupled Megan and Wes for some under the sheet action.

There parents must be proud rushing out telling the neighbours my son/daughter had sex on TV I can see why actor Danny Dyer was worried letting his daughter into this madhouse. He made it clear if she was to have sex on the show he would be disappointed and she is listening to her Dad and good on her.

Looking at it, as a comedy couldn’t save this waste of space it’s just about celebrity. Whoever wins the show is awarded £50,000, which they can either steal for themselves or share with their partner. I can’t see that going smoothly based on my visit last night in the world of celebrity 50 grand is pocket money. The Sun newspaper reported the inmates would earn under £3 an hour but I am not sure if that is correct with bosses reported to be planning to take 10 percent of all future earnings for three years after the show has aired.

Megan and Laura having an after chat
Three years! Most will have a few months if they are lucky selling stories to the press before they have run out with the crap. Then it’s the case of the guys to seek out a girlfriend from the low grade fellow Z celebrities with the likes of Katie Price with a news presents. The girls hunt down the same hoping to hook up with a wallet.

The numpties in Love Island are looking to forge careers out of the show many of the aspiring reality stars cash in on their five minutes of fame before making cash out of promotional appearances. That as a short shelf life before the next load of wannabes enter the cattle parade.

It was what I was expecting utter rubbish full of pretty, pretty people hell bent on those five minutes of fame. However, I have said to myself never again but a part of me wants to know what is happening next the problem with trashy TV and why it’s so popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment