Sunday 24 June 2018

Sunday Crush – Deborah Kerr

I am digging back, way back for my crush today she was a regular on my TV as her films were classed as safe. By safe, I mean nothing that would embarrass Mother. Besides being a great actress, she was elegant and easy on the eye.

There are so many films I could site as a favourite but I like so many here are a few. A very favourite one but there was Black Narcissus where she played Sister Clodagh a film Martin Scorsese has called one of the earliest erotic films, no sex it was all done by eyes and basic lust. In From Here to Eternity, she played an officers wife bored with a reputation of sleeping round and starts an affair with one of the base sergeants. The beach scene between them make the censors twitching.

If I had to pick one film to watch of hers now … I would say “The Innocents” (1961) where she played a governess for two children who becomes convinced that the house and grounds are haunted. At the time, I saw it in the mid-seventies the horror of the film slipped away but still, it still had its moments. She was from the era where I liked the dress style of the times adding her to my collection of actress of the period.

She was very mummies to the young me but I soon developed the attitude where she become more of a sexual like I would if I was old enough even if I did really know what to do with a full bodied woman. But I was getting there.


No comments:

Post a Comment