Saturday 23 June 2018

Spam Curry - Food and Drink


Last night I sat down to something I have been thinking about for a while and yes, you read it right yesterday’s nosh up was a Spam Curry made with the simplest of ingredients. I would call this a poor man’s curry.
Mayflower Frozen boil in the bag Chinese Curry
Uncle Ben’s microwave rice
Tin of Spam
Small onion
I did say simple, I started with the curry by popping the frozen curry sauce into a saucepan of boiling water, and it takes round 15minutes for it to be ready. I have to say the curry sauce is hard to find I know only one shop selling it and that is my local corner shop. Just before the curry was done, I popped the rice in the microwave for two minutes. I then chopped up the onion and some of the Spam into squares and it was all ready to put together.

I fried the onion and then chucked in the Spam after turning down the heat… I was just warming up the Spam before I poured the curry into the frying pan before mixing in the rice. It really did look fantastic in the pan with the smell getting me excited.


If I was concerned about the Spam as the main meat of the dish I shouldn’t have worried it was gorgeous who would have thought a joke curry would blow me away. I was soon wishing for more but it’s on my menu from now on and lucky for me I am the only Spam eater in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment