Thursday 6 September 2018

American Pickers Danielle Colby Burlesque Queen


I was watching a re-run of American Pickers earlier I do love the show were Mike and Frank hit the road in search of antiques and what they call ‘rusty gold’. Going all over the USA in their search for stuff, and have even been to Europe and the UK buying. While back at their home base in Le Claire, Iowa, where the delectable Danielle Colby is in charge of their shop.

The post is about Danielle on the show and her second job.

She met Mike Wolfe at a car boot sale, a swap meet in America and become friends and when Mike and Frank were trying to sell the shows idea to TV companies, they knew they would need someone to run their shop/office Antique Archaeology. Soon as the History Channel picked up the show, Mike asked Danielle to join the team.

Besides running the shop… from time to time, she does her bit on the road picking, although she regards herself a learner-compered to Mike and Frank. But with her knowledge of what sells in the shop she is more than helpful at times. Vintage clothes and jewellery are her specialty she once had a shop dealing with such items also she is a fashion designer.

She cannot be call soft and meek she was a former roller derby player for three years not a game for pussies. The second job I was talking about, if it is a job, she dabbles in pole dancing and burlesque dancing. She created a professional burlesque troupe ‘Burlesque Le Moustache’, her stage name being Dannie Diesel, and she looks impressive all togged up in her gear. She impresses on the pole as well, she can surely work it as they say.

She is a strikingly built woman fairly tattooed with beautiful eyes and I love the picture I have used in this post. I love black and white photos. From the pose to what she is, wearing makes a statement in my book I am happy to be here. What a derriere helped by those heels! The stockings … the whole picture is stunning. 

She said about her enjoyment of her dancing,

“I left thinking if I have stretch marks ‘Who cares? Who cares about my size, it doesn’t matter at all. What matters is that I enjoy myself.’ That’s the feeling I left with, and it was life-transforming, and at that stage, I knew I needed to do it [burlesque].”

I didn’t mention the bust line because that goes without saying and come to thing of it this post should have been on my Sunday Crush list.

No comments:

Post a Comment