Friday 21 September 2018

How about a Christmas treat… A foot long Pig in Blankets


Yes, people moan about Christmas adverts and chatter coming early and early, some of the prestige stores have open there Christmas departments, and we are only nearing the end of September. I have myself no problem what so ever when Christmas starts so much so I am actually looking forward to the hype.

However, we are finding something new and magnificent coming out of Aldi, for Christmas. They have the technology and are building a foot long pigs in blankets, yes I know what I feel about the news I am f**king in dreamland. Yes, we will have Halloween next month who gives a toss even Bonfire Night is not exciting as in my younger days it was a major event then.

The supersize pigs in blankets will be available to buy as part of the range from 6 December but I will be on the train to London with the wife so I will have to wait to get my hands on one.

It’ll set you back just £2.99 for two of the 12-inch sausages, which come wrapped in streaky bacon and are pretty cheap but it is Aldi the German discount supermarket prices are low. However, will the sausage and bacon be of a high standard? Nevertheless, until I have that all-important taste there is no guarantee it will make the plate come Christmas.

From the released press photo it looks like as well as the normal pigs in blankets and the new mega foot long monster they have plans for a three-barrelled version (three small sausages wrap in bacon)
John Lewis has opened the doors to its Christmas shop where you'll be able to create your own pick & mix Quality Street tins. Do the same for Celebrations and I would be more than happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment