Saturday 15 September 2018

Cold toast the best

More butter please
I watched a discussion this morning on BBC breakfast as they debated hot or cold toast and thought I have an opinion on this subject it something I think about a lot, time to write something for my blog. A topic regularly discussed around many a breakfast table, which can cause a family argument.

I am an anytime is good for some toast kind of bloke but I insist on my toast being cold, stone cold. As for a spread, margarine is ok but butter is better just out of the fridge. I like my spread solid not melting away on some hot toast, which turns the bread all mushy like baby food or food for a toothless somebody. Something that turns my stomach up is people like my dad who dip their toast in their cup of tea! This should be banned.

As a youngster I loved making toast over an open fire either with a toasting fork or put a rack on the fire absolutely the best toast ever and giving me fond memories. These days I drop my toast into a toaster not romantic as using the fire but that is modern day technology for you.

I like my toast well browned but not burnt then I leave it to go cold before getting the butter out of the fridge it’s not spreadable so you have to slice it finely and drop it on the toast or slice it thicker for a calorie busting delight. I prefer white bread to anything else. I don’t see any reason to add anything to my toast unless I am having eggs or beans but I don’t have that for breakfast unless I am eating out.

The bread you use can make a major difference to the quality of you toast and the butter. I am not a fan of mass-produced bread I normally shop at the bakers and with butter, Anchor is my favourite by a long way. I prefer the ends of the bread, the crust for my toast and every time we have a new loaf, I AWAYS have first dibs at the crusts.

No comments:

Post a Comment