Sunday 30 September 2018

Come on Cardiff - Warnock

After a few days of illness, I am in the mood to blog and we have a game later this afternoon for the great and beautiful Cardiff City. Has I woke out of the mist of ill health I was looking forward to the game before a bit later realising the game was a Sunday kick-off? Yes, I was really that ill.

I am a believer until the impossible is impossible but this must be a necessary win game. 

Burnley todays visitors are on the list for any team in our position tagged as relegation fodder a must win game. The last three games have been a revelation on the quality of the football in the Premier League we only before seen on TV but we dreamt of playing the likes of your Manchester City and the like.

So still out of the mix for today is Aron Gunnarsson and right-back Lee Peltier who last week against Manchester City dislocated his shoulder and faces up to three months out joining other long team members injured like Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

On the plus side, Sol Bamba is expected to return in defence.

Talk of certain manager at Manchester United could be in trouble especially after listening to 606 sports phone-in, which got me, thinking about Neil Warnock. I have to say I am not calling for the head of Warnock if we were to lose today. I have heard a few mumblings out on social media stoked up by Warnock’s preference for Championship Football.

At the end of the day, will Cardiff City owner stay loyal to his man as well as the board? A friend suggested the sooner the better for Warnock but I am not that brutal. I believe the owner may well have is finger on the trigger he’s a businessman and he as a product he may be willing to sell and the tag Premier League club is a big selling point.

The next three games after today will see the bluebirds face Tottenham, Liverpool split by a home game against Fulham and a win today would be a nice pick up for the Tottenham trip. But for today COME ON LADS, a near full house behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment