Wednesday 4 June 2014

I Love a Hot Dog

I love a hot dog or two in fact we have them most Saturdays with a few fries its comfort food to me.

We don’t have those awful tinned hog dogs anymore since I started reading the ingredients on the back of the tin. It said the sausages (can it be called a sausage) contained mostly rusk and mechanically recovered meat and mostly chicken, and god knows what crap that means, I have an idea but don’t what to think about it. I think I’d rather have vegetarian hot dogs with no meat.

Eight in a tin of these hot dogs cost about 50p but at the butchers, eight sausages cost £4.00 plus (thick) or £2.50 chipolata all 100% pork. Because of my healthy regime, the sausages and even the onions are baked in the oven or sometimes 1 cal spray is used.
A new book entitled Haute Dogs: Recipes for Delicious Hot Dogs, Buns, and Condiments caught my eye as it sets out to change the humble hot dog from fast food snack to fine dining good enough to serve at a dinner party. The book contains 100 recipes covering everything from South American BBQ to Japanese fusion to modern food-cart cuisine. The most unusual thing I have had with a hot dog is brown sauce, I normally go for red, I’m so adventurous. I am considering buying the book and who knows; besides looking at the pictures, I might give some of the recipes a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment