Saturday 7 June 2014

World Cup ... I don't care

With you sister
I couldn’t give a toss about the World Cup as without Wales in the competition it means nothing to me.
 
I have more interest in next season’s fixtures list, due to be published soon than in the World Cup. I have always been bored of international football and not really a big fan of Wales either if the truth be told. Anyway, my football love belongs to Cardiff City and domestic football. With the games schedule to kick off between 5pm to 11pm, I have better things to watch although I will catch the odd earlier game with not much enthusiasm.
 
Much to the dismay of many of my anti-English brethren if there was anyone I wanted to win the World Cup it would be England even knowing the English/national press and media would go ape shit, I would still choose our neighbour’s over the border. Even before a ball has been kicked, the press in particular are reporting on any bit of news that only the nuttiest of England fans would be interested in. They won’t win for sure so no need to worry.
 
My only interest in the whole thing is the bevy of beautiful woman fans and the warmer the climate the less they wear which makes for better entertainment than the football.
 
With Brazil supposed to be football crazy it would seem some Brazilians don’t want the Football jamboree in their country due to the cost. In a country where a quarter of the population live in extreme poverty there is widespread anger at what is perceived as the increasing divide between the rich and poor. There have been demonstrations surrounding the preparations which have turned violent and with promises of more to come during the competition. It’s not just the World Cup, Brazil are hosting the 2016 Olympic Games with more infrastructure and more cost and with more protest we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment