Tuesday 9 December 2014

Burger with a differance

These days you can slam just about anything between two bun/baps and call it a burger in this crazy world of food fusion.

I am still trying to get over the shock of the Clarks pie in a foil tray and another story has caught my eye. The Yorkshire pudding burger, yes, you heard me right. Toad in the hole it is not as you can see if you look at the picture opposite, it is a proper burger with cheese.

Like the Mars Bar in batter, it is a product of ‘up north’ but the other side of the border, Harrogate precisely, although Harrogate does sound really posh. You just know if this was developed in some kitchen in London there would be a drizzle of dew or some inclusion of stupid sauces.

If you were to partake of the delicacy, it would set you back a whopping £9.50 with house slaw and skinny fries. I have no idea why it costs so much but these artisan burgers with fancy ingredients cost a lot more than a roadside burger. Not sure, I would like one but I would try one.

No comments:

Post a Comment