Sunday 28 December 2014

Clarkies in a tray

It was time for the great Clarks pie test. It was my first pie since they got dressed with a foil tray and to say I was guttered on the news was an understatement. However, it will not stop me giving the new look pie a fair review.
Without instruction, I decided to warm up the pies in the oven I would never use a microwave oven. In fairness, I planned to warm up one in the tray and one without. It did look strange a Clarkies in a pie tray! For the purest, it just looked all wrong. The Clarks pie is famed for its ability to be consumed while walking because of the legendary toughness or a better description sturdiness of the pastry, so what will I make of these newbies.
On examining the bottom of the pie before putting them in the oven, I was worried that the sturdiness had gone which set the alarm bells ringing.
On taking them out of the oven, it was noticeable that the bottom of the pie was much softer than before which was somewhat worrying. Not wanting to end up was a ‘Clark’s tash’ I waited for the pies to cool. Yes, I was eating both that would be a fair test one in the tray, one without it was all for the cause.
The one without the tray could standalone but I was extra careful. The bottom of the pie had definitely harden for being out of the tray but nothing compare to the old pie. There was none of the firmness of the previous pie but the taste was still there. The one I warmed up in the tray was a bit soggier than the other one but still sturdy enough that it could be consumed without its tray. Not being a fan of the pie tray in general, it was soon discarded because I found then cumbersome and if you do not need the foil tray, bin it.
It's still a Clarkies at the end of the day. It is one rebrand I can live with ... TAN OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment