Wednesday 3 December 2014

Family news from Dugdale Towers


Not much as happen this year with the family. Glenys and I have reached 29 years of married life and we are still strong, well I think we are I can’t speak for the wife maybe she has other ideas.
Plenty has happened over the last 29 years with a lot of happy memories and some bad ones I would rather not remember. It will be our 30th Christmas and we have come a long way from our first when we were sitting in our flat, just the two of us. Actually, it is the only Christmas alone without our respective families and within a year, two became three with the birth of our son James in the following September.
Glen and I have been getting around a bit more and we even went on our first ever cinema date after nearly 30 years together and we had a lovely long overdue time. Glen had a scare with her leg but thankfully, everything turned out fine. I on the other hand have had no recurrence of the stomach ulcer, which nearly killed me before last Christmas so I am back on the menu of any roaming vampires now my blood levels are back to normal.
Has for our boys, James has moved abroad, ok just England and Bristol not a million miles away. He is happy with the switch and feels less pressure on him. Simon is at base command, his bedroom, with some ‘Deep Thought’ (reference to the computer in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) computer while eking out a living with Royal Mail. Hey, it is his life and he is happy so what is it to do with me.
Big surprise is David still has a job with Ikea! They must like him or something. We still argue a lot mainly about money and his inability to keep it in his pockets for more than a few days after payday. Both Simon and David live at home and look unlikely to move out anytime soon although I threaten to kick David out regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment