Friday 19 December 2014

Not a wrapper but a bagger

I am a bagger these days when it comes to Christmas wrapping, quicker and easier than spending hours wrapping your Christmas presents.
Ok wrapping paper is cheaper but along with being time, consuming it can be messy and frustrating and don’t get me started on sellotape, my personal nightmare. Then you have misshaped presents … always difficult to wrap leading to more frustration and you end up palming them off to your partner, well I would.
Some find a delight in wrapping presents, a tradition, for when the kids finally go to bed on Christmas Eve. I remember sitting on the floor with the wife surrounded with presents, wrapping one after another only for a few hours later to see the kids just rip it to pieces. I never remember them saying “gosh, daddy the present was beautifully wrapped”.
Give me bags any day and it is not because I am lazy. I see it has my bit to help save the world because they are reusable, there is a tree somewhere in the world grateful. Therefore, I am touting them as a "green" product because of their reusability. You can just pop the present in the bag and if you like to place them under your tree to keep prying eyes out wrap them in tissue paper.
I do get upset with the wife who sometimes insists in sellotaping the bag shut which is so wrong. According to reports, gift bags are becoming more and more popular and will soon out sell wrapping paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment