Wednesday 3 December 2014

All I want for Christmas

Christmas old school 'Newton Road'
I think I bought everything I wanted for Christmas. Yes, I leave nothing to chance and buy my own Christmas presents. The only person surprised about my presents will be the wife, as she will have no idea what she bought me.
I don’t like surprises, I never have! It may come from my childhood as I grew up and my sisters became more excited about Christmas. I found more pleasure out of watching them opening their presents then anything I would get. When I got married, it was the same with my kids. I wouldn’t care if I didn’t have a present, and have been known to be happy with just a pair of slippers and socks under the tree.
I reckon I save money by buying my own presents Glenys would probably not search for a bargain where I can spent days if not weeks in the search for the cheapest price.
I miss having young children running around my feet Christmas Day and the early morning excitement it will be a quiet day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment