Monday 1 December 2014

A hated Christmas present

Mum was easy to please at Christmas when I was a kid. She hated presents of any kind no matter what the occasion. Therefore, no racking ones brain thinking what to buy her as a presents.
What do you buy someone who wants nothing? Just one thing would please her and that was a ‘Woodbine Cigarette Christmas Box’. You could buy 40s, 50s, or the deluxe box of 100, which really sickens, but those were the days. In later life she relented somewhat and you could buy her something to wear as long as it was black or dark blue, Mum hated wearing bright colours.
Seeing the way mum died of the big ‘C’ it pains me to remember this and the thought of our present in some way hastened her passing by one second. I cannot remember mum and dad receiving any presents except those us kids bought them maybe that is why I am like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment