Thursday 4 August 2016

Asda Steak Pie - Rate this Pie

I fancied pie, mushy peas, and chips for my tea last night and guess what I had. The pie was new to me as an extra treat. The wife did the shopping, the pie she picked up was the Seriously Tasty Steak Pie from ASDA, and as I said, I had not had one of this brand before.

I have been trying to ween myself away from supermarket pie selections unless it is an emergency situation like today. I have been tending to look for my pies from independent bakers or butchers they cost more particularly if you buy from a butcher but I don’t mind paying for a good quality pie.

The advertising on the box talks of a "big fill" no hiding place with that kind of statement we will see I had yet to do battle with it. Into the oven, looking rather plain and out it came with a nice golden colour on glorious puff pastry.

It looked the part on my plate but next was the tasting. I cut it down the middle and the first thing that was obvious the ‘big fill’ promise was a bit of an exaggeration. There was room for some more filling and to make sure I check the families pies and found them the same. The steak was not at all chewy and tasted and looked like what it should be steak. The gravy was smooth, tasty and thick which is on the plus side for me.

The pie was on offer for a £1, which was ok and I would buy it again if pushed.
Rate this pie 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment