Tuesday 2 August 2016

Christmas beings in August - Selfridges - Cries of too early

It is well known within my circle of friends and those who read my blog or follows me on social media that I love a bit of Christmas. However opening a Christmas winter wonderland on 1 August is a step to far even for me.

Selfridges department store opened its Christmas shop yesterday with 145 days to go before the big day. Opening up their Winter Wonderland as early as this opens the door to the Bah humbug brigade in discussed. This is like releasing a bull in a china shop for the Santa hater’s with cries of too early… what about the children and Christmas starts earlier and earlier very year. In the press, the store as proclaimed it has put 50,000 decorations on display, with plans to expand the store later this year.

By the end of August many retailers will be gearing up for Christmas and there will be people buying not everyone wants to shop last minute. Come December it will be standing room only in the likes of Argos.

I do think it is a tad too early be do I care not really. They will make money from all the Chinese and others visiting the UK especially with the pound so low it is a case of spend, spend, and spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment