Friday 12 August 2016

8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown - TV Tonight

I have found little on TV that as diverted me from viewing the Olympics but tonight come 9pm my eyes will be glued to 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown on Channel4.

This ‘mash-up’ of two popular Channel4 shows works on all levels for me. Countdown provides the format and regular contributors Susie Dent (of 'dictionary corner' fame) and Rachel Riley (the eye candy of the numbers and letters). With the afternoon host and members of the public discarded in comes Jimmy Carr and team captains Sean Lock and Jon Richardson with a comedy walking on part for Joe Wilkinson causing mayhem and using Rachel and Susie as his foil.

The show was originally commissioned as part of the Channel 4 Mash Up night. It proved popular so the people at Channel4 thought it deserved a series run of its own. Team captains Sean Lock and Jon Richardson face off against each other with guests and try to win but more times than not Jon team wins. Some of the comedic guests I had never heard of before like Katherine Ryan and Isy Suttie the show has opened the door for me with a lot of up and coming comedians.

Tonight Roisin Conaty will join Sean Lock while Jon Richardson is paired with Nish Kumar to win some narf prize that I often wonder do they insist on taking home. I still watch Countdown and can remember its first airing on opening day of the new Channel4 but I do love the naughtier 8 Out of 10 Cats version

No comments:

Post a Comment