Sunday 28 August 2016

Time for a Change - Back Pages - I have seen the light

I was picking up the morning papers this morning I just thought to myself why am I buying them. I mainly buy them for the sport (football) in the most but its pages and pages of Premier League, 
which I really have no interest in other than watching the odd game.

When I got back from the shop I sat back and continued to watch Match of the Day (Sunday replay) hearing from Gary Lineker and his guests their reactions and analysis of the games, do I really need to read about it again I thought to myself. Therefore, I decided changes are a foot for next week.

What I don’t need on a Sunday morning is reams of pages about the special one and Manchester United and the other one down the road at Manchester City. Then we have how crap is Arsene Wenger for keeping Arsenal at the sharp end of the Premier League. Fans demand success and the clubs use their power with cash to bring in foreign talent while home-grown academy players are loaned out or shown the door with both likely to end up in the lower leagues.

I have my new papers choice sorted. I will still get the Sunday Star because it is cheap and full of crap in the main but still everyone needs a bit of crap on a Sunday. I will continue with the Non-League Paper because it has kept me grounded in the world of the crazy money at the top of the football tree.

The Football League Paper will replace the Sunday Sun and the Sunday Mirror luckily my corner shop sells it. Well I am saying sells! I mean there is one copy and nine times out of ten, it never sells. I have bought it before the reason it is in the shop is because I ordered it. 

The football reporting inside is extensive coverage for all 72 Football League clubs with news, features, and gossip plus comprehensive match reports what more can I ask for. 

My team Cardiff City deserves more than just three or four paragraphs of a match report so does the rest of the Football League.With international football next week, there will be no Premier League and you can still bet the news in the back pages will be full of United, Chelsea and the rest. Even England will be fighting for space on the back pages in the national press.

No comments:

Post a Comment