Sunday 21 August 2016

Cup Double - Welsh Cup - FA Cup

It was a cup double yesterday with both the Welsh Cup and the FA Cup playing meaning both my armchair teams were in action.

In the Welsh Cup, I am following Tiger Bay and yesterday it was the opening game of the competition. They were playing Blaenavon Blues at home. In the FA Cup, we have already had the opening round, the team I picked Maltby Main FC fell at the first hurdle, and now I am riding on the coat tails of Squires Gate.

First Tiger Bay and it was very annoying that I couldn’t find any news of the final score on the Football Association of Wales (FAW) website after checking around 6pm. In fact, I couldn’t even find the result anywhere. However, better late than never as when I checked again around 7pm the result was up and Tiger Bay won 2-1 and are in the hat for the next round.

Unfortunately, AFC Butetown who share their pitch with Tiger Bay lost 4-1 to Bridgend Street a famous name in local Cardiff football.

Contrary to the (FAW), there was a full results list on the Football Association of England website and easy to find out that the team I was following won. Squires Gate FC travelled to West Didsbury & Chorlton FC I have no idea who they are which league they play in or where but I will remember their name. Squires Gate won 3-2 and move forward. The draw was pre-drawn and Squires Gate will be home to Handsworth Parramore FC.

No comments:

Post a Comment