Monday 1 August 2016

The humble Sausage Roll - Over to the Dark Side

I love a good honest proper sausage roll. Not those flaccid greasy offerings from Greggs, my preferred sausage roll comes out of Brutons. It’s lovely and light with a very flakey puff pastry with a tasty filling just a pleasure to eat.

The humble Sausage Roll is seen more as a light snack for lunchtime where they shift out the door of bakers at light speed. However checking a few Fish & Chip shops, they were not on the menu, which puzzles me. I myself love a dinner of sausage roll and chips.

I have to hold my hands up the Beef & potato pasty from Brutons is to die for and I would highly recommend. Later today, I will be stepping over the line again and having a Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausage Roll for my sins. I have tried her sausages and said they were ok, but will I feel the same about the Sausage Roll.

In the end, they are very tasty and to be honest, I couldn't taste the difference between them and a sausage meat roll but still not a patch on those sold by Brutons. However, I think I prefer them to Greggs offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment