Monday 1 September 2014

I don't care about transfer deadline day

Happy Days
No, I have not been glued to the Sky Sports News transfer bunker (Deadline Day) waiting on the latest news on players and teams I have no interests in hearing about.
 
I can think of hundreds of things I would rather do and I am a football fan. If my team Cardiff City do any business today, it won’t take long before it has been telegraphed on one of the social media platforms. Sky are going completely over the top like always with shouts of ‘Breaking News’ and reporters at every Premier League club.
 
To be honest I am more interested in the Welsh Cup draw if it happens today has my interest in the professional game wanes. I am bored of money talk and wages and the pages and pages of Premier talk in particular about bloody Manchester United.
 
God knows how much money will be spent today before the transfer window closes at 11pm. Most of the money will be heading to foreign clubs although I have noticed a number of high profile loan deals completed. The term undisclosed deal is something that really gets my back up. What is so special that clubs can reveal what they paid for a player? Is it some kind of tax dodge?
 
One thing is for sure the players will be happy with new deals if it means better wages but more elated will be the agents doing deals and making sure, they get their cut of the money.
 
At the time of post Cardiff have yet to do any business on Deadline Day only rumours.

No comments:

Post a Comment