Thursday 4 September 2014

Town and the Bay

We made the trip into town to see this ‘Cardiff fortress’ thingamajig. Well it’s on our doorstep so why not.
The promise of snarled up traffic didn’t materialise we saw nothing on our way to town or later. When I say walking, I was walking the wife was using her private transport her electric wheelchair. I have been thinking about getting one of those boards you see at the back of pushchairs but somehow I think it would be wrong.
Has we walked along the fence it was like gazing into a cage at the zoo with the police watching us while we watched them. There was no reason for us going to town other than being nosey but if I give her, a chance the wife could come home with something. However, I managed to steer her pass the most dangerous shop with some ease.
It was a lot quieter than I was expecting but the wife seemed to be only interested in getting pictures with coppers, especially the cops with the guns, but I wasn’t. In a moment of madness, I announced we were off to Cardiff Bay.
The wife had been bending my ear how she wanted to see a warship, apparently, she had never seen one before. While I was from the Docks, she was land locked in Llanrumney so they were two a penny to me. With the bus all over the place due to NATO stuff, we went in search of a bus.
Once down the Bay it was busier than town it looks like Cardiff love a big warship. I felt it was a bit of a damp squib with HMS Duncan hidden behind a row of trees and then two rows of fencing. However, the wife marveled over the size of the ship. It was a pity we couldn’t see the rest of the fleet of ships tied up we picked the wrong day it would seem.
It was packed around the ship with little room for the wife and her wheelchair so I was glad to leave the crowd behind but us later found out if we had hung, we would have seen the arrival of the Prince of Wales. Before heading home, we sat in the sunshine of Cardiff Bay watch the world wander by on this beautiful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment