Tuesday 9 September 2014

Why did I buy that book?


Everyone must have one or two books on their bookshelf they think why the hell did I buy that. My shelf is crammed with football related books mainly Cardiff City my chosen subject but I have a few of those kind of books. One book I binned straight away was the Ant and Dec autobiography which somehow ended up in among my books.
 
So while digging around in my book collection looking for something to read I came across the craziest book I ever bought ‘Dugouts’. Why I bought it, I have no idea. Therefore, I decided to give it another go to see if it could stir my memory a bit, in why I did part with money to buy it.
 
Dugout and changing room
The book is just a whole series on pictures of dugouts at football grounds most in non-league football. They are nothing like those at the top end of football and some are really funny like at Stanley United FC (see picture). Looking through the book some of the dugouts reminded me of the old concrete blocks that where at the old Ninian Park days.
 
It may not be much of a read but there are some cracking pictures of dugouts. It must be a hobby for some like taking car numbers or train numbers, taking pictures of dugouts. It looks a little strange to me as someone who flicked in and out of these kind of hobbies.
 
I wonder how many copies of this book were sold, as I like the odd quirky book myself. Another in my collection which I will soon be revisiting is ‘Pointless’ a book about East Stirling FC and in the author’s view ‘A season with Britain’s worst football team’. Not sure, about the worst I could come up with a few contenders for that title.

No comments:

Post a Comment