Tuesday 25 October 2016

Clarks Pie Shop - Sausage Roll - Tasty

Should have been two
Well finding out the Clarks Pie Shop are now selling ‘Sausage Rolls’ was a complete surprise so I dispatched dad to pick some up this morning on his way up to my house. He lives in Grangetown not far from the shop, which really is handy and makes Tuesday Clarks Pie Day.

I love a sausage roll.

I maybe a pie man but I can never pass up the chances of a sausage roll or pastie you can see where I am going here as I have an addiction. Not so much these days as I have cut back in the hope of weight loss but I have Tuesdays.

Sausage rolls are one of those foods you can’t help but love. Normally filled with minced pork and herbs wrapped in pastry and baked to golden, flaky perfection. It’s also one of those foods no one knows much about, origins-wise—and nor do they really care, if they’re in the presence of fresh-from-the-oven sausage rolls. But it’s safe to say that these meaty snacks have been consumed in the U.K. at home, in pubs, during parties, and as appetizers for some years now.

The Clarks Sausage Roll.

Two for a £1 that is good value. One problem, I was looking forward to them when my youngest son sat down eating something. It looked like a sausage roll to me so I quickly laid claimed to the last remaining one. So what to make of my new treat. I decided to heat it up first in the oven over the microwave, which ruins pies and such things turning them to soggy jelly.

The reason for the two was I was going to try one hot and the other cold and I am greedy. I have to say it was very tasty and different the pastry was firm not flaky like most sausage rolls making the crumb count low. The filling was also tasty and like the pastry firm with a chewy texture, leaving me pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it and welcome this new member to the Clarks Pie family.

No comments:

Post a Comment