Wednesday 5 October 2016

Warnock in and where do we go now

YES ... I got the job
Welcome Neil Warnock I have been asking for a stick of dynamite to be thrown into the dressing room and by god, I believe we have it. Be it owners, other managers, players or officials have all been at the end of a Warnock outburst. Many of us have seen the short documentary about him, titled ‘Warnock’, and witnessed first-hand the motivational prowess Mr Warnock holds that will hopefully have the same effect on the Cardiff players.

It was a quick appointment with the international break so giving him more time than usual for a season appointment to settle in with the players. If the Bristol City game was this Friday he would have been lucky to get in a few training sessions now he as a week and a bit to work with the squad.

His first two games will be at home with Bristol City live on Sky Sports Friday 14 and on the following Wednesday they will face Sheffield Wednesday both games eagerly awaited for now the change in management has been made.

In his first interview as Cardiff City boss said,
"I’ve always liked it here," Warnock told Cardiff City's official website. "Everywhere I go I get stick but I’ve always had good banter with the Cardiff people.
"They’re my type of crowd - blood and guts and all that, which I like - and I know that if I can get it right for them, they’ll get behind me.
"I enjoy challenges and the challenge at the moment is to get the team higher up the league and then we'll see how we go.
Going on to say,
"I’m a big believer in fate," added Warnock. "And when this (job) cropped up I only had one phonecall from Mehmet and he told me that I was the club’s number one target. I liked to feel wanted."
"The whole club needs a lift," he added. Rest assured I'll be providing entertainment. I want fans to go home talking about the shots, the saves, the offsides and the manager going stupid on the sidelines. That's what I love about football.”
The kind of word that will be music to the ears of Cardiff City fans and talking about is first game in charge the Sevenside derby he said,
"It's a fantastic game to come into. I get some stick at Bristol City but they've got one of the best teams they've had in years and it will be a cracking local derby. It's one to whet the appetite.
"There are some mouth-watering games coming up and when I looked at the fixture list, it wasn't about trepidation, I was looking forward to it.
"I've got seven promotions and I can't tell I lie, I thought I could get that eighth promotion."
Them be fighting words Mister Warnock, words us Cardiff fans have been waiting for in a while, some of us were beginning to resign ourselves to a nasty season long relegation battle. Now there is hope that we will start to climb the table could a top six spot be back within our grasp. If not the remainder of the season is going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment