Saturday 8 October 2016

Must see TV - Week beginning 07/10/2016 - My Choice

Looking over next weeks must see TV there are a number of interesting shows to peruse. My highlight from last week was a catch up of ITV‘s Victoria. Not my kind of thing so I avoided it but one bored afternoon I decided to watch the first episode and was hooked and found myself watching the back catalogue.

I am looking forward to the final of this series on Sunday with a Christmas special rumoured and second series already commissioned.

Saturday BBC1 – Strictly Come Dancing 6:45pm

I like a bit of dancing on a Saturday only if it is on the TV I have two left feet and sadly, I can tell you the last time I was on the dance floor and not just walking across it, 1985 at Upstairs Downstairs, my wedding night do.

Still trying to get use to not seeing Ola Jordan my goddess of the dance floor who left the show. I have my favourite but my wife believes I just pick the sexiest female well I have not disappointed her with model Daisy Lowe my pick this year. It much of the same old same old but I like it because it is clean Saturday night family fan.

Sunday Channel 4 – Speed with Guy Martin 8pm

Motorcycle racer and mechanic Guy Martin undertakes a series of speed-based challenges, exploring the boundaries of physics and learning about the science of speed.

Tonight he will try to break the motorcycle land speed record that currently stands 376mph, aiming to reach 400mph. He plans to ride a unique twin-engine jet-propelled bike across Bonneville Salt Flats in Nevada famous for land speed record attempts.

Monday - Sky Cinema Premiere - The 5th Wave 8pm

Four waves of increasingly deadly alien attacks have left most of Earth decimated. Against a backdrop of fear and distrust, Cassie (Chloë Grace Moretz) is on the run, desperately trying to save her younger brother. As she prepares for the inevitable and lethal 5th wave, Cassie teams up with a young man who may become her final hope - if she can only trust him
.
Sounds an interesting one of my favourite types of films aliens invading my beloved earth and it is always helpful to pick up ideas for when they arrive.

Tuesday Pick TV – Z Nation 10pm

The start of a new series of this zombie feast not on a Walking Dead level but still I enjoyed its first outing
.
A zombie virus has gutted the United States of America and the rest of the world a team must transport the only known survivor of the plague after being bitten from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood.

He can control the zombies, which comes in handy. That the end of the last series they reached California only for the Chinese to make appearance, drum roll, what happens next?

Wednesday Sky Cinema Select – The Survivalist 10:30pm

In a kill-or-be-killed world where starvation is rife and strangers are always dangerous, The Survivalist lives off the grid, and by his wits. When a starving woman and her teenage daughter discover his forest refuge, his loneliness drives him to overcome his suspicion and strike a bargain with them in return for bed and board. But as desire becomes stronger than necessity, the exchange becomes an uneasy, ongoing arrangement, which threatens not only his carefully constructed world but also his life.

Thursday Discovery Channel – Deadliest Catch: Dungeon Cove 9pm

This is a spinoff from the ‘Deadliest Catch’ one of the Discovery Channel’s most successful show. The new show explores the lives of Dungeness crab fishermen and their families in and around Newport, Oregon. Set in one of the last remaining fishing towns along the edge of the Oregon coast, heading north to British Columbia – an area that has earned the dubious distinction of being crowned Graveyard of the Pacific. That is owing to the unpredictable weather conditions, coastal features, and currents that have caused a large number of shipwrecks over the years.

Friday Sky Sports 1 – Cardiff City v Bristol City 7pm

Championship football is back after the international break and tonight we are hoping to see a new look Cardiff City. It will be Cardiff City’s new manager Neil Warnock’s first game in charge and what a game the Sevenside Derby.

The games are always be fought with passion and hopeful there will be a good home crowd backing of the new boss. The away end will be full.

One for the iPlayer due to over commitments

Friday BBC4 – The Story of Skinhead 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment