Friday 7 April 2017

Must see TV - Week beginning 08/04/2017 - My Choice

The highlight of last week the finale of ‘The Walking Dead’ well not the finale I was expecting and my wow moment as Rick was shot and kicked off the watchtower would become a damp squib. I thought, “I cannot wait for next week” it will become apparent why I thought there was still more to come.

I watch ’The Walking Dead’ on an iffy internet stream soon as I get up. Not for me to wait until the UK broadcast later in the evening. So just after 5am, I found my stream and settle down to watch excitedly and it was good with lots of surprises Rick being shot was disappointing but I was looking forward to the finale NEXT week and his revenge.

On Wednesday, I met my fellow ‘The Walking Dead’ fan Gillian who put me straight on the actual ending. It was the finale! for some reason my stream cut off with the Rick fall so I thought it was over for another week later rechecking the stream it actually stopped, but picked up again a few moments meaning I was too quick switching it off.

Gillian proceeded with plenty of enjoyment to put me straight giving me spoilers and explaining what I had missed. Soon as I got home, I was straight on to catch-up and I can truly say WOW now after seeing the end.

Saturday – BBC1 – I Am Number Four 11:55pm

On a bit late in the night, near early morning for me so it will be the case of hitting the record button for later viewing. The film was given a general thumbs down when released but I rather liked it the storyline was ok and the action scenes was interesting.

An alien disguised as a teenager discovers his powers after falling in love with a human woman; before long, he is forced to put his skills to the test in order to survive the intergalactic forces bent on finding and destroying him.

Sunday – Sky Cinema Premiere – The Conjuring 2 8pm

The first outing of ‘The Conjuring’ had me on the edge of my seat. These mystery thriller type horror films can really get to me that is why I do like in your face slasher horror, blood and guts we are unlikely to surprise me but suspense horror can have me jumping like a grasshopper.

Husband-and-wife paranormal investigators Ed (Patrick Wilson) and Lorraine Warren (Vera Farmiga) help a single mother living in 1977 London, who claims that she and her children are being terrorized by supernatural forces. Sequels are sometimes not as good as the original but I will have to wait and see.

Monday – Channel 4 – Warship 8pm

There was a fictional TV series on the BBC back in the seventies, called Warship it was popular and a good recruitment advert for the Navy. The series dealt with life on board a Royal Navy warship, the fictional HMS Hero filmed on-board a Leander-class frigate.

This is for real, the current flagship, and Britain’s biggest warship, HMS Ocean. Ocean is an amphibious assault ship, a floating village and we follow the ship as she leaves Plymouth for a seven- month active deployment with a spot of training in the Mediterranean.

Tuesday – BBC1 – Peter Kay’s Car Share 9pm

Its back, its back the BAFTA winning comedy with Kay (John) and Sian Gibson (Kayleigh), Those who remember in the finale there was definitely a hint of romance in the air but Kayleigh was moving in with her sister so no more car sharing.

A bit of a spoiler, Kayleigh is now travelling to work on her own, and is tempted to call her old friend, John. Surely somehow they will soon be back car sharing again the last series was mainly a two hander between the two with the odd outsiders.

Wednesday – Gold - Henry IX 9pm

Royalty on TV is very popular with schedulers at the moment and Channel Gold are giving us a new comedy out of the pens of Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais a three-part comedy ‘Henry IX’. If you missed the opening episode it on most catch-up platforms.

Having dropped the abdication bombshell the king is donning various disguises to escape his royal duties and meet up with florist Serena. He is unaware that the security forces are monitoring his every move while the press are full of speculation about the succession.

Thursday – Discovery – Deadliest Catch 8pm

It is back next week for an all-new season starting April 13, this week in anticipation the captains and crew discuss the dramatic last season and look forward to the next one. Northwestern Captain Sig Hansen and his crew meet up to talk over just how hard it is to land that catch and full their quota. This new season the fleet will go ‘further and deeper’ in search for the crab.

Sig also talks about how his heart attack last season has changed the way he goes about things but is still smoking. It is been reported few regulars will not be back for this new season. Press reports suggest the Cornelia Marie and Captain Josh Harris will not be returning for the new season.

Friday – BBC2 – King of Kings 2:40pm

It is Good Friday, what else would I be watching on this holy day like today but some good old Hollywood idea of the life of Jesus. I have to say I would much rather be sitting down watching Jesus of Nazareth with Robert Powell in the roll of Jesus.

A colourful production of the birth, life, and death of Jesus Christ. The film also depicts the tensions between Herod's court and the Roman administration, the execution of John the Baptist at Salome's behest, and the story of Barabbas, told in counterpoint to that of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment