Sunday 30 April 2017

Sausage Party - Film Review

After watching X-Men: Apocalypse last night on Sky Movies I noted the next film was ‘Sausage Party’ an adult animation and with an 18 certificate making it unsuitable for kids a plus for me.

The film in a nutshell…. We have a supermarket where the food is happy and alive remember this is a cartoon wanting to be picked and go to the “beyond” outside the store. They believe there is some kind of utopia outside and they could have sex all day.

Yes I said sex! Especially a randy bunch of hot dog sausages and Frank in particular who is lusting after Brenda, the hot-dog bun. Like I said this food is randy including all the other products so when they are finally sold Frank and Brenda are overjoyed they will be doing it soon. They are joined in the trolley by a jar who had a taste of outside “beyond” and was brought back to the store who tries to tell them there fate. Also in the trolley is a douche who when the jar commits suicide is involved in causing a mess which finds Frank and Brenda on the floor of the shop.

Frank and Brenda then traverse the giant store looking for the truth behind going beyond. They encounter a lesbian taco and bagel, and have an angry douche on their heels looking for revenge for the incident. In the meantime, Frank's friends learn the truth of the beyond. Humans slaughter them for food.

I stayed up for this shit and I am not going to write a review just my opinion. Awful, disgustingly unfunny, worst, the most stupid and meaningless movie I have ever seen. The only laugh I could muster that people paid money to watch it be it at the cinema or on DVD. It was like some kid have written it, childish. Sitting in a corner giggling at writing a smutty word or sniggering at the thought of a sausage and a bun getting it on.



So, if you think constant swearing and a never ending supply of "putting my sausage in you bun" references add up to good comedy, you will probably love it.

The final scene is so outrageous, an orgy and the strangest foursome you would ever seem involving a sausage. Bun, taco, and bagel that gave me a bit of a giggle for quite a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment