Sunday 9 April 2017

Sunday Crush - Raquel Welch – Bedazzled (1967)

I remember it like yesterday the beginning of this crush for a fledgling youth noticing more and more that some woman made me all a flutter. It was a Sunday night and most of the family had trudged off the bed but mum could be a stayer but just before the film, she made the move for bed reminding me it was bedtime, “school in the morning”.

Soon has the door shut I jumped up and turn the sound down mum and dad slept above the living room and mum took a book to bed with her. I knew little about the film, no internet back then, but it starred Peter Cook and Dudley Moore my new comic heroes. Their cassette tape Derek and Clive was like gold dust as it past among my school friends Derek, Clive pure filth, and the best laugh I EVER had.

I was expecting much from Pete and Dud but this is the Sunday Crush! Well that is easy - Raquel Welch. It is not as I had not seen or heard of her before but this film she made the crossover. The character she plays is called ‘Lilian Lust’ the sexpot of the Seven Deadly Sins maybe Lust Sunday would be a better description for this regular feature on this blog.

Staggeringly beautiful, an understatement in the sex goddess mode, who during the sixties and seventies could sell a film on her name and a film poster. Most films she appeared in at the time earned her success depending almost exclusively on her stature as a buxom pin-up.

In Bedazzled, she only had a bit part but she looked the part of lust particularly remembering that itsy bitsy, red bra and pants set that filled in all the right places.

I had actually seen Raquel a few years before in One Million Years B.C. where she had only three lines in the film but plenty of screen time and she spent the whole of the film in a doeskin bikini. At the time I was missing the horny hormone it just bypassed me but a few years later, let us say I appreciated it a bit more.

Many of my crushes stem from this period.

No comments:

Post a Comment