Wednesday 3 October 2018

Lunch time Date - I was Happy


No carer take out, social care, this morning due to training and lack of suitable staff so I jumped in with an offer of a lunch date with yours truly. It doesn’t happen often so she (the wife) snapped my offer up in seconds.

We hadn’t tries our old haunt that was formally The Plum Tree but now Tafarn Treganna so we decided it was time we gave it a long awaited return visit. Nothing really has change inside like furniture but there are changes now it is back within the commercial pub gene with fruit/quiz machines, Sky sports and a less adventurous Brains chain menu.

Another non-change was it was fairly empty but it was midday. The beer was cheaper and the food mostly cheaper no more fancy sharing board and a plus my favourite Ham Eggs and Chips were on the menu and the buggers looked less complicated.

Behind the bar, the staff were very helpful and after checking, the menu I placed our order. I when for the above mentioned but there was no bread and butter side order, which does anger me, but the staff were very helpful and acquired two slices of bread. How can you have egg without something like bread for dippies? Something else ‘frozen chips’. Now this didn’t spoil the meal for me but why oh why not real chips most use frozen these days.

Glenys (the wife) went for Chicken and Bacon tagliatelle and very much enjoyed it nearly licking the pasta bowl clean. She is a Llanrumney girl.

If we had to rate our meals the wife said 8/10 while I would go 9/10 it would have been less without the bread and butter come on pubs you need to put it on has a side order. I made a ham, egg and chips sandwich to die for it was a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment